eCommerce Integration with SAP
A complete solution for all your eCommerce Integration with SAP
- The client is running SAP S4HANA or SAP ECC.
- The client wants to Automate the process of eInvoice Generation and waybill process through SAP Integration.
- The integration shall be done with SAP PI/PO or SAP CPI as a Middleware.
- The client has chosen ASP and integration shall be with done with ASP API.
- The timeline for the project shall be about 6-8 weeks for invoice integration.
e-Invoice (generation) Integration Process Flow
e-Invoice scenario (eCommerce Integration with SAP)
- Generating the IRN for the invoice.
- Cancellation of the INR for the cancelled invoice.
- Generating the IRN for Debit Note / Credit Note.
- Updating the status of IRN to SAP Custom table.
- Creation of the T-Code for Viewing the status of the Invoice and IRN and related details.
- Creation of the custom table to maintain the Inv, IRN and related details.
- Update the 2 invoice form to print the IRN (this shall only be the entry of one field at any suitable location in the invoice form). So, it shall be printed on the location. And, the form design shall not change. Therefore, changes to the design will be treated as change requests.
- Use standard/Custom SAP ABAP objects for data extraction prescribed by SAP. E.g. BAPI, PROXY, ALE IDOCS, ALV reporting etc. (SAP customers commonly use such objects to report and analyze data.)
- Customers deploy ABAP objects in their environments and retrofit them to their configurations.
- In this case, SAP objects are scheduled to push. And, extract data outside SAP according to a defined schedule (Customizable).
- Data required for additional mandatory objects is also captured in the enhanced objects. The ASP system may not be available in the SAP currently.
- The ASP API selects the SAP system’s extract file. The scheduling engine has automated controls for this procedure. This is available as part of the ASP integration layer.
- There is no manual involvement throughout the entire process.
- Basis work for the SAP is out of scope.
- Remote Access to SAP landscape is mandatory.
Knowledge Transfer on Invoice Program and customization. Invoicing knowledge transfer shall be provided to the team for all mandatory data tables.
List of Deliverable
- Business Requirement Document
- Integration Architecture
- APIs for the SAP and any API integration
- ABAP Object in SAP for data picking and update
- System handover for UAT
- User Guide
- GO Live and System handover
- Overall, 4 weeks of post-go-live hand-holding support from offshore
- SAP PO/PI is up and running.
- There is a maximum of 5 invoice types and one company code to integrate.
- So, if there is more invoice and company code. Then the same shall be additional scope.
- However, the basic resource is available to the customer.
- All mandatory billing data should be stored in data tables that are made available to the team. Five form modifications with invoice numbers. So, all that is necessary (according to project requirements).
- All e-Invoice related data is available in SAP. Otherwise, the Customer team should handle this. Knowledge transfer on the tables containing all mandatory invoicing data should be provided to the Customer team.
- Even if, all master data update is the customer’s responsibility.
- ABAP work relating to Picking up data from the SAP system in scope.
- The invoice form update to reflect the e-Invoice number is out of the scope of this proposal. Therefore, the SAP team for the client must handle this.
- So, All other scenarios of e-Invoice are out of scope.
- Provide remote access to the SAP System.
- A request for an SAP patch or note because connection support necessitates an upgrade.
- Open the defined port and network setting to Enable communication with the ASP server.
- Provide the KT on the customization of the invoice program.
- Provide KT on the company eWay bill and IRN generation process.
- Provide timely signoff on deliverables in 48 hrs.
- Keep all the test scenarios and test data in Dev/QA server
- Perform the testing in 72 hours and cover all scenarios.
- The first round of testing issues is to be reported.
- Multiple testing cycles shall delay the project. Hence, only 2 testing cycle is kept in scope
- Finally, provide basic resources for the movement of TR quickly to the test system from the dev system.